I always think handmade cards are the best - but Valentine's Day can be a tricky one. I have a simple Valentines Day Card idea which is super cute & "cool" (for those that are in new relations & don't want to seem too clingy/loved up)!
To make your card you all need:
- White Card
- Coloured/Patterned Card
- Craft knife (with a cutting matt)
- Pencil & Rubber
I obviously stumbled across the idea on Pinterest & after much searching, I managed to find the perfect printable template. Once you have printed your template & cut it out....
- Use your pencil to carefully draw around your template on to the white card, remembering to mark which lines to fold & which ones to cut.
- Using your craft knife (& cutting matt) cut along the correct lines.
- Gently fold along the correct lines to create a 3D/Pop-up effect.
- Very carefully rub out any pencil lines that may be showing, taking care not to rip the card.
- Once you are happy with the way it looks, glue the back of the white card & carefully stick it to the patterned card (it is easier to do this if you fold both cards in half first & stick down one half at a time)
....and you're done!
I'm sure you'll agree it is really quite simple & looks really cute! If you do have a go yourself, please share with me on Twitter or Facebook.