For some people this may be the simplest thing EVER! But I overheard a girl in Hobbycraft the other day asking her Mum how to make a Pom Pom! WHAT? I think my whole childhood was spent making Pom Poms, so for those of you who don't know and want something fun & easy to do with the little ones, then here is how...
1. Cut two rings out of card, making sure they are the same size. You can do these any size you like - obviously the bigger the ring, the bigger your Pom Pom.
2. Tie the end of your chosen wool to the rings (tying them together) and begin wrapping your wool through the middle hole and around the ring.
3. Once you have finished wrapping your wool around the rings, cut down the middle of your wool. It's easiest to make a little opening at the top and pull apart the two rings so you can use them as a cutting guide.
4. Cut yourself a length of wool and tied it tightly down the middle of the two cardboard rings.
5. Finally, cut the cardboard rings and pull then away from the wool - here is your Pom Pom! You can neaten it up by cutting any extra long pieces off.
What do you think? It is such an easy activity for all ages (and cheap as well!). If you want to get super good, you can make Pom Pom Animals - I haven't quite mastered this yet - but you can search Pinterest for ideas!