Wednesday 8 January 2014

CookBook: Stuffed Chicken with Bacon

Yes, you read that correctly. I made Stuffed Chicken with Bacon! I know I mentioned in my 25 Facts About Me that I don't like eating chicken (and I haven't for about 4 years), but after various family members and friends nagging me about this I felt it was time to start introducing it into my diet again. I think it's okay to cut meat out of your diet as long as you substitute it for something that provides your body with similar nutrients...which I was not doing!

Again, I followed the BBC GoodFood recipe for this one, but instead of using Pesto or grated Cheese as they suggest, I used Philidalphia soft cheese to fill the chicken. As well as this, I also chose to use smoked bacon. I always worry that I will over cook chicken and it will go dry (dry chicken is another reason that I stopped eating it), however my Mum told me that as long as I cook it in a glass dish with a lid on when in the oven, the chicken won't dry out! Good old Mum!
 
It was ridiculously simple to make and was really yummy too - I will definitely be doing this one again soon. I served it with Cheesy Mash (one of my all time favourites) and lots of peas. Have you made any delights in the kitchen recently? I'd love to hear about them in the comments below.

 
ZoFlo

2 comments: