Saturday 1 February 2014

Liebster Award



I have been nominated for a Liebster Award - How exciting. For those of you who don't know, a Liebster Award is a great way to find new blogs - particularly those who are newer to the world of blogging. I have been nominated by the wonderful Kelly who has her own blog called Along Came Kelly. You must check out her blog if you already haven't. She has some excellent posts about Fashion and Beauty, and is doing the 101 Things in 1001 Days too! I have seen this on a few other blogs and am so pleased that me and my little blog have been noticed. So without further ado, here are my answers to Kelly's questions:

What do you like most about blogging?
The thing I love most about blogging is being able to share my experinces and thoughts with other people. I read many blogs before I decided to take the plunge and I loved being inspired by what other people had to say - whether it was beauty, fashion, fitness or craft. I decided that I wanted to join the blogging community so I could inspire others too!

Make Up or Skincare?
I would say Skincare! Although I do love make up and would struggle to live without Mascara, I think it is way more important to take care of your skin first. You want to have a lovely base for all your wonderful make up don't you? I am a sucker for skincare products too. I always want to try out different lotions, balms and masks - whenever I go to Boots it's a nightmare. I have quite sensative skin so I do have to be very careful with what I use. My favourite Skincare range is Simple. They are absolute experts when it comes to sensative skin and I have never had any reactions to any of their products - unlike the time I got a gammy eye due to Nivea "sensative skin" make up wipes.

Who would you most like to have a sleepover with? Dead or Alive.
This is a difficult one...I think I would have to cheat and have two people at my sleepover (is this allowed?) First would be Kirsty Allsop! I'm quite a crafty girl at heart and love making new things so having  a sleepover with her would be absolutely ideal! She could teach me all her crafty ways. Secondly would be Michael Eavis (founder of Glastonbury Festival)...I just want to know his ways and how he succeeded in the Event Industry! Perhaps he could give me some tips on how to successfully set up and run my own Music Festival too.

Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I would say I am more of an early bird. I don't function well when I haven't had much sleep so would much prefer to get a nice early night and start my day early too. It's good to make the most of your day and I am always so much more productive first thing in the morning too.

What would be your dream job?
My absolute dream job would to become a Festival Organiser / Manager for my own Music Festival. Obviously I love going to Festivals myself, and I am always so envious of the people who have played a part in planning them. Having recently been told that Music Festivals is actually the hardest sector of the Event Industry to get into, as well as the worst paid, I am beginning to feel like my dream job will never be achievable..but I will continue to dream about it nevertheless.

If you had £20 to spend in Boots, what would you buy?
As I have already said, I am a sucker for Skincare. I think I would have to put it towards my favourite ever cleanser - the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser. It is the best cleanser I have ever used and my skin always looks healthy and glowing when I use it. As I am still a student, it is a little out of my budget but I will definitely be repurchasing this one when I graduate and join the working world!

Sweets or Chocolates?
Easy, Chocolates! When I was younger I was some sort of chocolate eating machine. It sounds awful, but when I went to visit my Grandparents I would go straight to the cupboard where they stashed their chocolatey treats. Obviously I don't do this anymore - okay sometimes I do. My favourite Chocolates are Ferrero Rocher - I never get sick of them. And if we're talking Chocolate Bars, my favourite is just a standard Cadburys Fruit & Nut! YUMMY.

What is your favourite type of cuisine?
It use to be Chinese, but right now I am loving Indian! I will usually order a King Prawn Tikka Masala with a Peshwari Naan. I know we always say this about our local restaurants / takeaways - but the one where I live really is the best. I also LOVE Poppadoms with Mango Chutney. I am salivating just thinking about it...

Lipgloss or Lipstick?
Lipstick! I think Lipstick is a little more high maintenance - especially when you opt for a bold colour. But I just cannot stand when the wind blows and my hair gets stuck in my Lipgloss. I am definitely more of a Lipstick girl! I love the Kate Moss Rimmel Lipsticks and the Sleek ones are lovely too!

Whats your lucky number?
My lucky number is 2. I don't really have a very valid reason for this...but I am the middle daughter of three girls (child number 2), I grew up in a house that was number 2 and my Birthday is on the 20th October (which has a 2 in it). So pretty poor reasons, but I just like the number! Not sure that it has ever brought me any luck though...

Whats your favourite Cocktail?
I would usually opt for a Mojito, but when I go out in Salisbury, my favourite bar - YOYO - do Sherbert DibDab cocktails! They are such a dream and you even get a little lollypop to dip into it! If you ever go there, please order one.

So that's it - I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me. I nominate the following bloggers:
 
Katie Lou
Lipstiick and Lemon Drops
Hannah Heard
Eppie's Blog
Barbie and Pie
The Li'l Sparrow
Lauras Concept
Lillies and Love
Mollie Jess Blog
LayItBare
Nails and Teapots

 And my questions to these lovely bloggers are:

  1. Why did you want to start blogging?
  2. What song is the theme tune to your life?
  3. Favourite nail polish - colour and brand?
  4. If you had to be an animal, what would you be and why?
  5. What is your favourite movie scene? 
  6. What is your guilty pleasure?
  7. High Street or High End beauty products?
  8. What is your most expensive purchase (apart from Car / House)?
  9. Any embarressing celebrity crushes?
  10. What is your favourite blog?
  11. An unusual fact about yourself...

Enjoy ladies - and don't forget to tag 11 people with 200 followers or less!

 
ZoFlo


No comments:

Post a Comment