Tuesday 24 June 2014

Scrabble Art*

For a long time I have always wanted to try doing some Scrabble Art. I saw lots of it on Pinterest (as usual) and during Handmade Hour on Twitter. It's such a simple idea yet so effective! 

In a previous post I mentioned some Wooden Scrabble Letters I purchased on Amazon along with some Wooden Heart & Star shaped buttons. I thought these would work perfectly together but felt I needed something else to go with it. Something to add a little more colour. Recently, Fantastic Ribbons selected me as one of their Bloggers. They sent me some beautiful ribbon but the one I chose to use for this particular project was the Petite Floral Ribbon in Burgundy. I love anything floral anyway but I think it was the colour that attracted me to this particular ribbon. And it's so silky smooth to touch! Anyway, I felt it would work perfectly with the Wooden Scrabble Letters & Wooden Buttons I planned to use. 


As it is my lovely friend Hannah's birthday, I decided this would be the perfect craft to make for her as a gift (hense why this has taken me a while to post - didn't want to ruin the surprise!) This was such good fun and although I have seen lots of it around, I still think it makes an unusual, personal gift.


So what at do you think? Have you ever done any Scrabble Art before?

 
ZoFlo

2 comments: