Thursday 10 July 2014

Handmade Nation Sweepstake

At the beginning of June, Handmade Nation tweeted about a Charity Sweepstake. I am really not a fan of football, however this was a Sweepstake with a twist. As well as having the opportunity to win prizes, this particular Sweepstake would also raise money for a very worthy charity - Henshaws. But how....? I can hear you asking! Well, once each participant was allocated a team, it was time to get creative and produce something to be donated into a Charity Auction....in the colours of your allocated team!

 The team I was allocated was Ivory Coast - not so great for winning prizes, however it was a great one when it came to the colours I had to use - green, orange & white. After plenty of brainstorming, experimenting and changing my mind a few times, I finally settled on producing a baby mobile with owls! As many of you may have already guessed, I love anything that involved owls.


I chose to make green & orange owls and hung them all from a white cloud. I uploaded a blog post previously about how to make your own owl, however I have never sewn one with closed eyes! This took quite abit of time and patience, but I am really pleased with the way they turned out.


What do you think? Overall, I am really pleased with it and hopefully it'll fetch a nice amount of money to go to Henshaws. It was so lovely seeing what all of the other participants had made as well -my favourite being the ladybird dress by Millie Beau Designs.

Did you enter the Handmade Nation Sweepstake too? Let me know if you did, I would love to see what you made for it.

 
ZoFlo




No comments:

Post a Comment