Monday 25 August 2014

Review: Lidl Rhinestone Applicator


Who else watched Dawn O'Porters' "This Old Thing" on Channel 4? Anyone else completely love it? Me too! More specifically, I loved the Rhinestone Applicator that was used to revamp vintage clothing. So you can imagine my excitement when the lovely Heidi Hi told me these were being sold in Lidl!! Occasionally, you can get the odd gem from Lidl, but I was surprised (and impressed) that they had this - I just HAD to get one!

The kit only cost me £6.99, which included the applicator, a stand, 8 attachments to suit various stone sizes and 2 packs of rhinestones (approx. 200 rhinestones).

 
With it being from Lidl, I was a little unsure of how this would perform (sorry Lidl) but I was so impressed! It is so easy to use and works perfectly. The instructions recommend leaving the applicator for 5 minutes to heat up, but it only took a matter of seconds. I tested it out on a scrap piece of material, and I think it looks great. There was no damage at all to the material - which surprised me as the applicator gets really hot - and the rhinestones stay on really well. I even tried to pull one of them off and it wouldn't budge! The only improvement I would recommend is the stand for the applicator. It's a flimsy design and a bit of a balancing act to get it to stay safely in place. But other than that, it's a great product and I can't wait to rhinestone EVERYTHING in my wardrobe
 

What do you think? Do you have a Rhinestone Applicator?

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment