Wednesday 29 October 2014

Pumpkin Carving // A Night of Hope

I never usually carve a pumpkin for Halloween, but this year I really wanted to do one (big kid)! I saw that World Vision were raising money & awareness by carving something a little different in their pumpkins this year. I thought this was a great idea & immediately wanted to get involved in such a great cause. 

World Vision is the largest international children's charity & this year they are asking everyone to carve a heart in their Pumpkin for "A Night of Hope" - raising money for the child refugees in Syria. I thought this was a great idea, as typically Halloween is a night for the children. For them to have fun, enjoying the normalities of life. My carving tools of choice were a knife, a tablespoon and a teaspoon - be super careful using the knife! I got Nick to cut off the top for me and then I hollowed out the pumpkin and drew my design on the front before cutting it out. At first I was a little dissappointed, but it looks so much better when the candles are inside! I am actually really pleased with the way it turned out.

So if you want to do something a little different this year, carve a heart in your pumpkin & text Heart8 to 70060 to donate £5 to World Vision. I am sure you're wondering how your donation will benefit the children of Syria..? Well the money you donate will go towards schools and educational equipment, to help give the children hope for the future - hense being "A Night of Hope". 


What do you think of my heart design pumpkin? (Nicks is the "scary face" pumpkin - obviously)!  Don't forget to upload your photos to Twitter using the hashtag #ANightOfHope or on Facebook for everyone to see your design too! 

 
ZoFlo

2 comments: