Sunday 8 March 2015

Childs Animal Apron

When I was younger, my Gran had a Noahs Ark apron we would always wear during any kind of messy activity! My neice has now adopted this however it was beginning to look a little worse for wear, so my gran got new material & binding & asked me to replicate it. It was really simple to do, as the original shape of it is so basic. I literally pinned the old one to the new fabric and cut around it. Bias Binding is something that isn't so fun, especially around the neckline, but after a couple of unpicking sessions I got there and I am really pleased with it.



Although it is a very basic project, I decided to really take my time so that I could get it perfect. I even have enough material to make a second one - now that I have a new little Nephew this will be perfect (one each / no arguments)! I am so pleased with it, especially my top stitching as I think it looks fairly neat...considering I had to unpick it a few times before I got it right. What do you think? 

♥  
ZoFlo



No comments:

Post a Comment