Friday 6 March 2015

The Great British Sewing Bee // Semi Finals

Argh! Why is it already the Semi Finals? Anyone else share this upset with me? Anyway, last night was another busy one for me as I had agreed to go running with a friend so had to catch up on Sewing Bee a little later. If I were in the Sewing Bee contest, this weeks tasks would of made me poop my pants - leather, lace, satin...wetsuits? This was an excellent Semi Final & I think everyone really tried their best. The lace skirts were great & I am so pleased for Matt for winning a challange! My favourite task yet....the wetsuit alteration challange. How on earth do you make a dress out of a wetsuit? I think the sewers had some great ideas, but they just didn't seem to go to plan.. I loved Deborahs dress, it was amazing - I really thought she did so well to stay calm & make something that actually looked good & made sense. Unlike Pauls sleeves - what was that? The Leather Jackets were also fabulous. I loved Lornas green material, such a bold choice & although the sewing wasn't perfect, I thought it was great. Obviously Neil managed to redeem himself with his Leather Jacket & won garment of the week. Phhewww! I was worried he was going to be a goner!

Photo Source

This week 2 people were eliminated from the competition. Again, another tough one to call. I think Paul was the right choice as this week wasn't great for him. However, I do really like him so am sad to see him go. I can't decide if Deborah should of gone or not. I dont think she was particularly awful but then the competition is so difficult as everyone is so talented. I can't wait for next weeks final but I am so sad that it will all be over - my money is still on Neil.Who is your winner?

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment