Thursday 16 April 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days #24

Bet on a Horse

 So in recent years, I spend my Boxing Days at our local racecourse. It is always a really great atmosphere & the perfect place to catch up with old friends, as everyone seems to go! Usually, I pick the horse with the best name & then Nick will put money on it. So I have never officially bet on a horse with my own money! So as many of you will know, last weekend was the Grand National. Nick was going to place some bets so I thought I would tag along too and have a go. I didn't study anything, although I probably should have. Just picked the one I liked the sound of - Balthazar King. For some reason, I felt really strongly that he was going to do well, so I went wild & put £10 on him to win. Not that wild to some I know, but if he came in I would of got £100!

We went to our local pub for a few drinks in the beer garden before watching the race on their TV. It was actually so much more tense when you have put your own money on a horse. I was also completely oblivious to the fact that Balthazar King fell at the 8th fence, so for the whole race I had my fingers crossed for my £100 win! (Lol). I had an inkling is wasn't going well though as I don't think the commentator mentioned his name once! Even though I was £10 down, it was still a really great evening. I drowned my sorrows in some Baked Camembert, had a few more Strawberry Ciders then we tottled on home. I think next time I will probably do a little more research though...instead of just picking one at random.


 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment