Thursday 9 July 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days #27

Fundraise for a Charity

 If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen me sharing a JustGiving link every now & again, as I was Fundraising for Cancer Research UK. As I am sure many of you will agree, it is a very worthy cause that needs our support to help find a cure & put a stop to Cancer! But how was I Fundraising? By doing a 5k Pretty Muddy run! I absolutely love being able to raise funds & awareness for such a fantastic cause as well as the personal challenge of taking part in fundraising activities. It turned out to be a really hot morning in Bristol, which made it a little more difficult but also much more enjoyable when we reached a muddy obstacle as it cooled us down slighlty - now I understand why Pigs wallow in mud! 

Me in the middle!

I know this sounds a little silly, as it is called Pretty Muddy, but I didn't quite expect to get as muddy as I did. Being part of the Race for Life, I thought perhaps if would be quite tame, but when we reached the last few obstacles we really got caked in thick sludgy mud! It was heavy to run in & not particularly pleasent when it dried into my hair. Nevertheless, it was a fantastic morning & I really enjoyed taking part & after a long hot shower & 3 hair washes, I was squeeky clean again. Luckily, I have lots of lovely family & friends who very kindly & generously donated to my page, allowing me to reach my target - so thank you to all of the lovely people who donated. You're all amazing! Maybe next time, I'll do the Tough Mudder....

Have you done any fundraising for charity recently?

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment