Thursday 13 August 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days #95

Grow Sunflowers

 I love Sunflowers. They always remind me of summer & are so pretty. I have wanted to grow my own for so long, but just never really got around to buying any seeds. Last year, I was given some memory seeds, in memory of a relative who passed away, so I definitely wanted to plant these ones. They seemed more special than any other seed! Instead of popping one in a pot, I went a little crazy & scattered a few in one plant pot. Ooops. I am now overrun with Sunflowers! I honestly didn't expect them all to grow, as my experience with growing my own vegetables led me to believe that not everything grows (I'll be uploading a post about growing veggies in the future, so keep your eyes peeled). 
 

Only one pot of my many Sunflowers...!


Just looking at them out the window makes me smile. Even when it's raining they brighten up the garden. I have some seeds left, so definitely want to have another go at it next year. Perhaps next time I'll grow less though & focus on getting them to climb higher. Have you grown your own Sunflowers before? Do you have any tips?

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment