Sunday 9 August 2015

How To // Fabric Pinboard

This is a How To post I have been meaning to do for a while so I am really excited to finally share it with you - it is probably my favourite one by far. I really needed a Pinboard for my craft room, but wanted something a little more exciting (pretty) than a standard one, so I rummaged through my fabric stash & sewing box to see what I could use. Here is a list of what I used to make my Fabric Pinboard:
  • Pinboard (any size you like)
  • Fabric of your choice (enough to cover your pinboard)
  • Purple Ribbon
  • Staple Gun
  • Fabric Scissors
  • Decorative Pegs


  1.  Lay the Pinboard on top of the fabric & measure 3 inches around the edge. Cut out the fabric using nice, sharp fabric scissors.
  2. Lay the Pinboard face down on the wrong side of the fabric & starting with one side, pull the fabric nice & tight before using the staple gun to secure. Start in the middle & work your way out. Once you have completed the first side, move on to the opposite side next followed by the other two sides.
  3. I had some spare fabric so I used it to make a little pouch at the bottom by folding the fabric (to create a nice clean edge) & pulling tight & stapling to the back of the pinboard.
  4. I stapled some purple ribbon so it ran along the top of the pinboard too, so I could use the decorative pegs.


Humphrey Getting Involved!

 And that's it. This is such a simple How To but looks so great. And you can use any fabric you like & any sized Pinboard! I picked up some Giant Push Pins from Tesco which are a lush addition too (although they leave quite a big hole in the fabric so I would recommend always using the same hole for the pin!!!).


What do you think? If you have a go at this one, please share your photos on my Facebook page or you can Tweet me. I love seeing peoples makes!

 
ZoFlo


No comments:

Post a Comment