Wednesday 27 January 2016

Kirstie Allsopp Cosmetic Bag // Review

Last summer I received a box full of goodies in a competition I won. I have been slowly working my way through all of the different sets, so I can review them all for you as well. Before Christmas I was in desperate need of a new make up bag. When I remembered I had the Kirstie Allsopp Cosmetic Bag Kit I was super excited...! 

The kit comes with the most beautiful contrasting fabrics for the outside & lining, along with a matching pink zip, fusible interfacing & a needle & thread. Everything is already measure out correctly so it is just a case of cutting it out - super easy & a major time saver! Measuring our patterns can be a tedious task. The instructions are really simple to follow - I didn't get headloss once (I do sometimes get frustrated when I can get it right)! I pretty much followed the instructions completely, apart from the pocket on the front, which I chose to keep as one big pocket (rather than 3 smaller ones). I really took my time with this project, as I I knew it would be something I would use everyday, so wanted it to be perfect. I did it over two evening's but you could quite easily do it in an afternoon, depending on your ability. 


I would say it is a perfect project for beginners & would make a really nice gift for someone who wants to get into sewing. I am really pleased with my finished Cosmetic Bag, although I do struggle to fit all of my make-up in it! I really love Kirstie Allsopps products & am really looking forward to trying out some of the other sets I won.


What Sewing/Craft sets would you recommend? 

♥  
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment